As the controller, VBC Chartering Limited (hereby referred to as VBC) has implemented numerous technical and administrative measures to ensure a high degree of protection of personal data processed through this website.
Collection of Information
The only personal data VBC currently collects through its websites is the information you voluntarily give us when you use our websites.
This includes data that you provide us when you opt to contact us and use the form provided online in which you will be asked to provide contact details so that we can contact you back with an answer to your query. In this case, the legal bases for processing your personal data is based on the premise that processing of data is necessary for the provision of the service you have requested, which in this case requires us to assist you with your queries. Hence your data is processed with your consent and to provide you with the service you requested.
Similarly, when you register onto our website, we require you to include personal information to be able to make use of our services. In this case, the data is required for performance of contract purposes and in the legitimate interest of the boat owner so that you can effectively charter a boat advertised on this platform. The information you provide us can also be used by VBC to promote related products / services. In all marketing related communication, you shall have the option to opt out of such communication, in which case you will be excluded from receiving such information as per your specific request.
How do we use the information collected?
We use the information that we collect in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business. Your information, will never be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent.
We use anonymised information to understand and analyse the usage trends and preferences of our visitors and Users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, feature, and functionality.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Cookies are small text files or pieces of information that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. A cookie contains the name of the website and a value, which can be used for a variety of purposes. Some cookies are essential for the smooth operations of our website and necessary for the website to work.
We use automatically collected anonymous information through cookies and similar technologies to: (i) personalise our Service, such as remembering a Visitor information so that the User will not have to re-enter it during a visit or on subsequent visits; (ii) monitor and analyse the effectiveness of the web presence and marketing activities and (iii) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
To Whom We Disclose Information
We transfer your Personal Data, in line with the Charterer Policy, to the boat owner each time you submit a charter booking through our website. This information is required by the boat owner to draft the charter contract and to establish a contractual relationship.
Other this this, we will not intentionally disclose any Personal Data to third parties without the explicit consent of the applicable Data Subject. However, we may disclose information to other third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
– Service Providers- to third party service providers who provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions and require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
– Law Enforcement, Legal Process and Compliance – We may be requested to disclose Personal Data or other information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws or protect our rights.
Period of Storage of Personal Data
The criteria we use to determine the period of storage and storage limitation is in line with GDPR (Art 5(1)(e)). Hence, we commit not to retained Personal Data for any period longer than necessary, in relation to the purpose for which such data is processed.
After expiration of that period, the corresponding data is routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary.
As a user of this system and a Data Subject, you may demand the erasure of personal data. In this case, we shall endeavour to erase that personal data “without undue delay” unless contrary to our statutory rights and legitimate interest. Please note that in case where contracts have been stipulated with a third party (the boat owner), our role shall not be that of data controller but of a data processer on behalf of the same boat owner. In this case, the data controller becomes the boat owner, who assumes all the responsibilities pertaining to the role of controller in processing data subject Personal Data.
What are your rights under the GDPR ?
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
Please note that the above rights are not absolute but depend on other conditions. For example your right to have personal information erased is subject to any pending contractual obligations that might require certain information to be retained until the contract is executed. Not withstanding this, we shall endeavour to reply to any of your requests above within 30 days of your initial request.
VBC Chartering Limited
Email: [email protected]